We highly recommend taking the train or boat - not least due to the limited number of parking spaces.
It’s a convenient, stress-free journey, and you’ll be making a contribution to environmental protection in the region.
With the Traunseeschifffahrt line to the “Grünbergseilbahn” jetty
If you plan to travel by car, please enter the following address into your navigation device (Grünberg cable car valley station):
Karl-Josef-von-Frey-Gasse 4, 4810 Gmunden.
Paid parking is available nearby.
The Treetop Walk Salzkkamergut cannot be accessed by car.
• Take the Laakirchen West exit on the A1.
• Follow signs to Gmunden-Ost, and continue through Laakirchen and Oberweis.
• In Gmunden, follow signs to Grünberg-Seilbahn/Baumwipfelpfad.
• After Altmünster, keep left on the Gmunden West bypass.
• Turn right towards Kirchdorf/Krems.
• Follow signs to Gmunden/Ost.
• In Gmunden, follow signs for Grünberg-Seilbahn/Baumwipfelpfad.
• Free exit within the first 30 minutes
• Chargeable after 30 minutes
• Maximum charge €5.00/day
• Disabled parking available
Further information about parking at the cable car can be found here.
Tour groups can alight at the cable car valley station. Bus parking is available free of charge at the Toscana car park.
Additional information about parking in Gmunden can be found here.
• Can I take my dog?
• Is the Treetop Walk wheelchair-accessible?
• Is the Treetop Walk open in bad weather?